Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Big Girl

Today that 6am wakeup call sucked. Alyssa uncle picked us up and took us to breakfast that involved pretty much every part of the pig cooked differently with some rice. I thought I ate the heart but I'm not sure anymore I was pretty out of it. We went to her aunts house and slept for hours and reawoke to rumbling tummies. After waiting over 2 hrs for her other aunt to pick us up (ALWAYS so late) it was now after 3 so she took us to a place nearby for sukiyaki. It was kinda like shabu shabu and she ordered a ton of things to put in including veggies, fish balls, fish roe dumplings, shrimp dumplings, jellyfish, and oysters. Then several side dishes like delicious bbq duck and bbq pork steamed buns. Oo also dry green bum mi. They just added the color for fun.

In the city we stopped at lumpinee muay thai stadium to find shorts for a friend. Every pair is so freaking ugly I don't know how anyone in their right mind can fight in those and take it seriously. Pink with green sequins? Come on.

We then went to kho san road and all I will say is that I spent some time in a tattoo shop for the first time. Interesting experience.

Dinner was on the street after a failed search for more rotee. (So addicting I swear). I wish LA had more street food, even the few things we have are constantly pestered by police. Its so sad we can't just walk around downtown and find delicious cheap food of all different sorts and just sit outside and eat. Sad.

After dinner we went to her other aunts restaurant (she has like 3 different aunts, auntie tan, naneena, and naneenee). This restaurant has little rooms to eat in and... KARAOKE. Just alyssa and I karaoked... Ta did too but only to strange thai songs by dangerous tata and kamikaze. It was enjoyable and even more food was ordered (people never stop eating).

Only two days left-- then back to the real world.

PS Maryann: or off my blackberry, stupid!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment: